33 N. Dearborn Street, Suite 1130, Chicago, IL 60602

5 Convenient Locations

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Youtube


call us312-999-0999fax312-999-8999

Filing A Complaint with a US District Council

Lawyer for Social Security Disability Benefits

If the Appeals Council denies your Social Security disability benefits claim, your options at the administrative level will be exhausted. If you want to continue your claim, within 60 days of receiving your denial letter you will then have to file a complaint with the United States District Court covering the district where you live. Per Social Security’s guidelines, the complaint should name the Commissioner of Social Security as the defendant and include your Social Security number. Filing a complaint with a U.S. District Court is not the same as all of your previous appeals. Normally, claimants are told to just keep appealing denials over and over again if they disagree with Social Security’s decisions. Not all cases, however, can be appealed to this level.

Pearson Disability Law, LLC May Be Able To help

Attorney Jonathan L Pearson is licensed to practice law in front of the United States District Court for the Northern District of Illinois. If your case falls within that district, we would be more than happy to set up a free consultation. U.S. District Court cases can be complex and time consuming. Furthermore, it can be difficult to find a Social Security disability lawyer who handles District Court cases. We are here to help. Contact Pearson Disability Law, LLC at 312-999-0999.

You are not alone. Call now for a FREE consultation 312-999-0999

Unable to travel to my office? No problem! No office visit required.

dupage county bar association Chicago abr association nosscr Super Lawyer
Back to Top